Do you know the millions of people who use the private messaging application Telegram? It is one of the finest social networking website and App which offer messaging and blogging service. Telegram was launched in 2013 and after that people are using this app on big range. The default setting of the app doesn’t encrypt communications between you and the recipient. If you don’t enable the Secret Chat feature, your conversations will be saved on Telegram’s servers, which are located across the globe.
Do you know self destruction is one of the famous security features of Telegram, which sees the account deleted after a certain period of inactivity? The default self-destruct period is six months of inactivity, but you can change this. Before deleting your telegram account you can export data and save it on your personal devices very easily. Just follow the simple step to Export Telegram Data.
Exporting Telegram Data:
Before deleting Telegram, you might want to export your data like chats, photos, and other media file. You will need the latest version of Telegram Desktop to download your data in JSON or HTML formats. To export your data:
- Open Telegram Desktop and select ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Export Telegram Data’.
- Then select ‘Export Chat History’, and choose which type of data you would like to export.
- You can now view your Telegram data offline.
Deleting Telegram Account:
- Log in to your Telegram account on your device and select Settings
- Click on Privacy and Security
- Scroll down to ‘Delete My Account if I’m away for’ and change to 1 month.
- If you refrain from using Telegram, after the one-month period is up, your account will be deleted, along with all your conversations and contacts.
Manually Deleting Telegram:
- If the above method is not work done it by the Telegram app; it has to be done through a web browser either on your mobile device or computer. Follow these following steps:
- Visit the Telegram Deactivation Page and enter your account phone number in the correct country code format.
- You will be asked to add a confirmation code, which has been sent to your mobile number.
- On the next page, you can enter a reason for leaving if you choose, before clicking ‘Done’.
- A pop up asks ‘Are you sure?’ Click ‘Yes, Delete My Account’.
- Your Telegram account is now deleted and you can remove the app from your device.